Saturday 3 July 2010

a sunset made of pink and blue

We were four on the table. Well, maybe five, if we count with Bob Marley playing on the PC.

Random conversations went by, and some jokes as well, followed by quiet and sometimes loud laughs.

The noodles were so spicy that I couldn’t stop drinking water. and it was so warm that I couldn’t keep myself inside neither. So I left them... for a bit.

In the balcony there were no longer words, jokes or laughs… only me, the wind touching the trees, the “miau” of the cats, the lights of the neighborhood houses, and a beautiful sunset mixed with pink and blue colours.

I stayed there alone for a while… waiting for nothing to happen, just looking to a never ending landscape becoming dark blue, just taking pictures in my mind and keeping them somewhere in a nice place of myself.

They joined me later... together with a guitar.

"There are no stars today!"

Indeed, there weren’t any stars, only the moonlight and the candles, which were already enough to follow our songs.

...

“What time is it?”

It was late, really late. But the singing and the playing outside felt so good that we didn’t even realize the passing of the time.
The only thing I realized is that tomorrow I would remember that yesterday forever.

No comments: