Tuesday 1 April 2008

when I was a child I used to be told that in the end of a rainbow there was a treasure.
I remember once trying to reach the end of one... I gave up half an hour later when I realized that that dam thing was far far away, well beyond the limits of my freedom (and also of my mother's patience to come with me).

anyway... all this only to tell you that the netherlands have a very peculiar characteristic:

sometimes all four seasons come in a row in the same day. In the morning I have an amazing spring soleil; at the lunch time the warm air entering through the windows reminds a warm summer heat; In the afternoon the autumn rain gives me the second shower of the day on my way back home; and in the night the winter is cold and windy... so windy that I sometimes wake up with the wind howling at my windows.

another characteristic of the netherlands is when the seasons mix together. Yesterday, for instance, it rained a lot while the sun was shining. you can imagine what came up =)

1 comment:

andré said...

na "minha" holanda ainda só apanhei neve algumas vezes, chuva duas ou três vezes, algum sol e dois dias de "calor" (um deles foi ontem). portanto um inverno bastante suave.

não há como me possa queixar do tempo! :D