Thursday 6 March 2008

For erasmus students it's very difficult to meet local people. Since locals are in their own country, it's quite normal that they prefer to be with their family and friends. Besides, the living spirit is different.
Well... I am a bit different because I am not exactly a student. I am a trainee (I WORK!) and that allows me to meet dutch people (the ones that work in my lab).
I particularly like the cleaning lady... she is so so so nice and is always smiling, laughing and speaking with everyone.
She doesn't know any english and only knows a little bit of bad spanish (really really a little bit and very very bad...).
Since my dutch does not exist, the only words that we exchange are:

me: cansada, cansada!

her: mutcho trabaho, pouco dinhêro!

lol

=)

2 comments:

MaRuKo said...

Hmm… talking about trainee reminded me of an old joke. Unfortunately it’s in Portuguese and I didn’t have time to translate it so my apologies for the international readers… :P
Um homem entrou como estagiário ao serviço de uma Multinacional. No seu primeiro dia de trabalho ligou pelo telefone interno para o Bar e ordena alto e em voz grossa: -"Traga-me a m... duma bica, imediatamente!" A voz do outro lado responde:
-"Você é parvo ou quê? Sabe com quem é que está a falar?"
- "Não!" - respondeu o estagiário
- "É o Director Geral da Empresa, seu bronco!"
O estagiário respondeu outra vez alto e em voz grossa:
- "E você? Sabe com quem está a falar, seu bronco?"
- "Não!" - respondeu o Director Geral indignado.
- "Ainda bem!" respondeu o estagiário e desligou...

CAP CRÉUS said...

Tem um ar humilde.
Eu por acaso não sou muito adepto do "networking", mas passa-se mais quando é trabalho!