Monday 28 January 2008

yesterday in the train, on my way back home (from amsterdam) =)

me (drinking an yogurt and eating an apple) - excuse me, do you know if albert hein has already closed?

old lady - since it's sunday, I think it has. (a =/ face)

me (like saying "shit" with the face) - ohh... well, at least I have dinner for today.

old lady - I also have here cookies if you want. I made them myself. it´s not a dinner but it helps.

(laughs)
(me peaking a cookie)

are u studying here?

me - yes I am. I am doing an intership in delft.
hummm... your cookies are really good!!!

old lady - tks!! I made them for my grand-chidren. do you want to see them?

(picture)

me - ohhhh, so cute.

(smiles)

old lady - you have a scientist face. are you on science?

me - wow... yes. how do you know? was it really because of the the face?

old lady - no no, I was just kidding... I realized it by the way you are grabbing the yogurt and the lid with the same hand, just like the scientists do with the cottons.... I was also a scientist once you know!?!

(me smiling)

and where are u from?

me - portugal.

old lady - ohh, u are portuguese. do you know that next week I am going to the portuguese part of india? goa. I am very anxious.

me - oh really? I don't know the place unfortunately. alone?

old lady - no no. my husband is getting really old, even in the mood, very annoying! so he prefers to stay at home resting, I don't know from what. I'm going on a girls trip.

(laughs)

I also plan to go to portugal, but not now. now, while I am still young (laughs), I plan to go as far as I can.

(smiles)
(silence for some time,looking trough the window)

you don't seem portuguese... you seem a small dutch girl!

(laughs)

me - about the dutch part, you are not the first one saying that.

old lady - ohhh... delft is here (sad face). take one more cookie.

me - oh tks... and... well... byeeee. maybe we meet in portugal.

old lady - maybe. byeee. (a smile)

=)

4 comments:

MaRuKo said...

Not sure what to say, but this could be the part of the screenplay of a cute short movie...
It also reminds the idea of the movie "Before Sunset" with the difference that you actually lived it. :D

Another big kiss...

Lourenz said...

=)

yeah, it DoeS remind the concept of Before Sunset with a diferent kind of bond and connection. Wouldn't mind meeting a nice old lady like that. Especially if cookies were to be involved! ehe beijinho

-- é giro o teu blog

Unknown said...

que bonito inesinha!

gostei muito de ler

Christina said...

I really liked this post! It is nice to see others who also pay attention to people in the train, and things that happen when we are travelling. Too many people just look down and not notice others, it is a sad side-effect of todays society with all these big cities where it is so easy to "hide away" in the crowd.