Monday 14 January 2008

a day like today...

There I was today all happy and smiling, starting my great lab experiment (cof cof…), when then suddenly something happened: after centrifugation, the pre-culture supernatant was darker than usual (since most of you are not in biotechnology, it’s possible that these expressions sound like Chinese...!). Anyway, it could be caused by one of two things: or that stupid pre-culture was badly centrifugated, or it was contaminated.
Since I am a very very very very (very) lucky person, I was not surprised when today I found out that that crap was in fact contaminated! bahhhhh
Conclusion: Today I vegetated all day!!!
At least it was interesting to see in the microscope my beautiful yeast surrounded by 1001 tiny little moving black points (the bacteria). =p

Well, talking about even more interesting things:

Around here in Delft, or I am with my hat on or the wind is having its own way with my hair. Furthermore, my hair is already very thin and weak by itself, so volume in it has lately been kind of utopian.
Being so, I bought the "H&S extra extra VOLUME" shampoo, which surprised me by becoming a 2 in 1: not only it dried my hair, but it also failed to give it any volume, not even a little bit. Moreover, the freakin’ thing doesn’t have any perfume, which becomes very uncomfortable, since I love to smell my hair (there are some people who love rolling their curls… I just like to smell my hair!!!). =p


Regarding my learnings here in Delft: Spanish and Italian are booming, mainly the slang! =p
About my Dutch… well, it’s as good as my shampoo! But not as bad as the english of german people that I know! And believe me when I say that the guy below is good comparing to them!




Ps – I did graffiti today!!! Well, it was more like tags ruining graffiti drawings than graffiti…



Don't ask me what "magico danieheg" means. I have no clue! Only Pietro knows!!! Him and all the italians in the world!!!

4 comments:

pietro said...

I only comment wearing my favourite pants!!!!

Luna said...

hahaha
Well they are in your house already... =p
for those who does not know: I had a tiny little problem with my trousers and... welll... dog's things! =p and pietro saved me lending me ones! =p

pietro said...

Look how beautiful is Andrès in that picture..if you were not in the middle we would have been very very close!!!
By the way it is not possible to explain who Daniele G is..would you ever ask what water for instance is???

Luna said...

I believe that if I didn't know english, I would asked what "water" is!!! =p